Friday, January 30, 2015

Hello

Hello little blog, 

I've missed you. Have you missed us? Life sort of got in the way last year. Four little men growing up. Five surgeries. Multiple vacations. The best friend I have ever known moving away. New friends. New groups. Learning new lessons and mending new hearts. Writing a book. Last year was full to the brim. Not all bad. Not all good. Life is life, and so it moves on. 

Looking at the coming year and the things I hope to accomplish. Finishing editing the said book. Getting away on a couple vacations. Children starting new schools/grades. Starting the next chapter of my life. 

The next chapter of my life... That one scares me a little. I feel like I always planned up until I was thirty in my head. You know... Get married young, have four kids, not have more kids after thirty, raise said kids. It didn't really occur to me until now that I didn't plan much for when they are all at school. Starting this fall I will start having a few mornings all to myself. How will I fill the time? I can hear some of you chuckling. I know, I know. I can do whatever I want! But, that's the point. It's too vast and too easy to misuse; when you look at it that way. I need to set some goals and work on those. Otherwise, I will waste half the school time sitting in Starbucks or walking around Target. Right? I'm not saying those are bad things, but they surely are not the best. I need to figure out what I want to do with the next ten years of my life. Because in ten years I will be "done" raising two boys. That's a sobering thought. 

I know my job as mom will never truly end. Especially with two special needs kiddos. Their paths could take them in many directions, they could have me intricately woven into their lives. Or, they could not. They could both have stable jobs and get married. You can never be too sure. I am pretty sure the good Lord will grant me ten more years. What I do with them is up to me. I surely don't want to waste them. 

I see a lot of writing in my future. Like... A whole lot. I may just fill my time up with it. I also see photography making a come back. And I love doing crafty things, I need to make time for that. It's exciting and terrifying. I have six months to figure out no enjoy all my boys being around.

No comments:

Post a Comment