Friday, February 1, 2013

Birthday Palooza

Here we are, it is February 1st and I am bracing myself for birthday marathon to begin! Some how our family has picked the shortest month of the year to have as many birthdays as possible. We have a total of 6 birthdays to celebrate in February and that is just our family members, we have quite a few friends with their own birthday celebrations. Last year when Nevin turned 4 and Gavyn turned 2 we did a combo birthday bash and it worked out well. I decided to do the same this year and we picked a cars/trains theme. Originally they wanted Lightening McQueen and Thomas but honestly, I can't bring myself to do another full blown Lightening birthday, we've had 3 already. I found some super cute ideas on Pinterest for transportation themed celebrations. I have been told I completely over do the birthday party (maybe just parties in general) with themes and crazy planning but, I LOVE it! I really do. :) With four kiddos it is nice to have one special day that gets to be about them, even though Nev and Gav share a party it can still be special for each in their own way. My friend is coming Saturday to help me with the kids while hubby is off shooting his TV special. We decided to tackle the cardboard crafts together and make something awesome!

I can not wrap my head around the idea of Nevin being 5 and starting kindergarten this year, much less Gav turning 3 and starting preschool!! Today I chatted with Nevin's teacher to get the bus set up to take him to class when Gavyn starts preschool. That is crazy to me but I think it will be good for him. I never thought I would use the bus (they scare me for various reasons) but with the crazy opposite schedules my kids schools are on I feel my hand is forced. Gav and Skyler go to school at 8:30, Gav gets out at 11:30, Nev goes in at 12:15, Skyler gets out at 1 and Nev gets out at 3:15. Yeah... Thankfully in the fall they will all go to school at 8:30 but they will still all get out at different times. Oh well. I am still excited for Gavyn to start preschool and Nevin to start kindergarten in the Fall. I think it will be good for both of them and they will get so much help through their IEP's. The kind of help I can't give them alone at home. Should be an exciting year.

No comments:

Post a Comment