Monday, January 28, 2013

Chatter

 This little man has been chattering up a storm. I could die from his cuteness some days, OK, most days. The phrases he says either crack me up or melt my heart. I slightly remember this sweet time with Skyler, two and three are hard ages to deal with because of the independence issues and pushing the boundaries. That is mostly what I remember about Skyler and this age but, I do remember the amazing amount of chatter that came out of that kid as well. Gavyn has a few new phrases that I love...
1. He will come in whatever room I am in and say, "Mom! Whachya doing? What's that?!"
2. Every time you give him something he says, "Thank you! You're welcome!" We are working on who says what but it is to stinkin cute that he says both.
3. Anytime you come around a corner or there is a loud noise, "Oh my! You SCARED me!"
Hilarious.


Hearing all Gavyn's chatter and of course Skyler's endless talking makes me sad that we missed the two and three year-old time of chatter with Nevin. He was mostly silent during his second year and just starting to open up when he turned three. He simply did not have enough sounds to really talk. Now that he has more sounds he can talk more but he is almost 5 and the cute-to-die-for-phrases just won't come out of him now. When he is chatting me up it involves Lightning McQueen, Iron Man, things he is doing with his brothers etc. It is just different talk. And of course it is still a battle to understand him and for him to make his mouth say the right sounds. We are getting there, slowly, slowly.

Speaking of talking... Skyler is home from school and keeps yelling at me from the kitchen that Monopoly is all set out and when am I ever going to be done on the computer and come play with him. Endless talking... endless... :)

2 comments:

  1. Love my son's chatter too! I found you through the Love that Max linkup and wanted to invite you to add your blog to my index of special-needs blogs at http://boynamedsilas.blogspot.com/p/start-linkytools-script-srchttpwww.html. I think a lot of others will be encouraged by your posts.

    ReplyDelete