Friday, March 29, 2013

Good News

I was a good mom and not a crazy mom. I waited patiently for 3 weeks 6 days to hear back about Gavyn's genetic testing but did not hear from our counselor and they tell you it will take 2-4 weeks. I called on Monday morning and left her a message asking if they had the results because it would be four weeks the next day. She called me back late in the afternoon with some very good news. Gavyn does not have 22q Deletion like Nevin and he does not have any other genetic issues! Praise God! I was so excited and so relieved. It was a flood of emotions. Realizing it is not something Ryan or I am passing on. The other boys don't need to be tested. They should all be able to grow up and have families without extra worry of passing anything on to their kids. It was a great feeling. Next Friday we see Dr.Myers about his growth and hopefully we can find more answers to that question but in the mean time I am going to bask in the glow of my gratefulness that he does not have another diagnosis.

No comments:

Post a Comment