Friday, March 8, 2013

School

Gavyn started preschool the week after his bday, he goes Monday and Thursday in the morning. Can you believe it? It is crazy to me that he is in school but really awesome. It is so exciting that he can go to school, go to regular school, that he is in a typical classroom with typically developing kids. It is awesome that he should be keeping up academically with his peers and transition to Pre-K4 and Kindergarten with minimal or no issues at all. These are dreams hoped for and achieved. The first day of school he did very well walking in, going to his room, hanging up his coat, all with no tears until, he realized that I was not staying and then he wanted to go home and cried. I told Ms. Pam that as soon as I left I was sure he would be fine and sure enough, 5 minutes after I left he settled in and did great! The next school day he cried for 3 minutes and was fine and the last day I dropped him off he waved goodbye and said, "It's my school mom, I go to school!" Proudest mommy moment. All his teachers love him to death and want to cuddle him! The other kids love him (I'm sure they think he is a baby) and want to play with him. They have sent me videos and pictures and he is so proud sitting at the table and doing his work or participating in circle time. He knows he is a big guy and he is so excited about it. I love it. This is going to be a good year for him and he is going to grow so much at school. I am just really sad that Ms. Pam is retiring and won't be with him and us next year. She has been the best teacher, the best! I could not have asked for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment