Thursday, June 3, 2010

I have bubbles on my heels

The day that Gavyn was brought to the Hospital they ran so many tests on him to find out what was wrong. You would never know looking at him today. The spinal tab, the IV's, the PICC, have healed and signs of them have gone away. There is one tests though that still has remaining signs, if you run your finger slowly on his heel you can feel the little bubbles.

Once the infection was identified Gav had labs run on him every hour for a week. They would come in and prick his heel and take blood. This was how they could check his blood and see if the infection was going down. After a week they started taking blood less because the infection was gone. They still took labs every couple hours and finally down to once a day up until 2 days before he went home. His nurse Susan made a comment that she wondered if kids who had that many labs done for such a long period of time had sensitive feet for the rest of their lives. I wonder myself. I am sure the little bubbles will go down with time but for now it is just another reminder of what my little Warrior has been through.

No comments:

Post a Comment