Saturday, January 26, 2013

Taking things for granted

It has been an interesting 36 hours around our house. I can't go into detail right now but it has me examining our life, where we have been, where we are now, where we are going. After a whirlwind of a day, we had gotten home from church, cooked up some dinner, fed the kids, nursed the baby, fed myself and was finally feeding Gideon some yogurt. As I sat feeding him Gavyn walked over to us with a toy for Gideon, I gently told him not to put the toy on the tray because it had yogurt and mashed up pieces of cracker on it and I didn't want the plush toy getting dirty. Gav stuck out his lip, put on his angry eyes, gestured at me madly and "stormed" off. As I watched him holding this big toy and walking away I marveled at how far we have come. Only last December (2011) did he receive his first medical walker and start to slowly figure out how to walk with it. In July he only used the walker (lovingly named Walk-Walk) when we weren't at home and now we have passed the walker on and there is no looking back. Such a short time and huge strides. Our life is constantly changing and you never know from one minute to the next what will happen. Some progress may seem to take forever until, you look back at it and realize what a short time it really was, especially in the grand scheme of things. Waiting... I think it is one of the hardest things we endure.

No comments:

Post a Comment